TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 106 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6566166717681869196101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2826

Thread: The Dark Mod

I've got one question concerning Doom 3:

Is it enough to compile and build Doom 3 to play TDM or do I need any other content originally shipped with Doom 3 in order to play TDM?

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    I've got one question concerning Doom 3:

Is it enough to compile and build Doom 3 to play TDM or do I need any other content originally shipped with Doom 3 in order to play TDM?
    You currently need the full Doom 3 installation to play TDM. TDM shares many base system files, scripts, animations, particle and sound effects...etc. Building from the source code will only give you the executable.

Thanks for the information New Horizon!

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Thanks for the information New Horizon!
    I hope in the future dark mod will be free from doom 3 assets and it'll be stand-alone. Time and man power is needed, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    Folks... Please stop by The Dark Mod's Moddb site and place your vote for Mod of the Year. Those hard-working developers deserve some recognition for all they've done and continue to do:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

Thanks,

nbohr1more
    Attention please. Don't let darkmod down. They made it in top 100 for years! Register(anonymous votes are not really effective) and vote for the sake of last first person stealth game and to keep this tradition.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by swordbreaker View Post
    Attention please. Don't let darkmod down. They made it in top 100 for years! Register(anonymous votes are not really effective) and vote for the sake of last first person stealth game and to keep this tradition.

Thanks.
    Yup, anonymous votes get put aside and are only used in the event of a tie.

TDM has made it into the top 100 mods. Please visit MoDDB again and vote for us in the final round!
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

Clearinghouse
    Voted.

Please remember that you must be a registered member of Moddb for your vote to count, otherwise the vote will only be used in the event of a tie, or in the event of no tie, completely unused.

Don't miss the campaign announcement...

Still Subjective
    Cripes you guys work fast!
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Bazinga:
    Moddb Editors Choice award for Mod of the Year 2011
    Community Award - Best community integration in a modification - The Dark Mod

Grats guys! This mod will be played for a long time to come.

It feels nice to finally see the Mod recognized by Moddb.

Sweet good job peeps congratulations are well deserved enjoy

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations Broken Glass!

Glad to see this, well done & well deserved.

"Without communities mods would be nothing more then a static object on the web..."

That's so true. Thanks to supporters Darkmod will win more awards. Congrats both darkmod devs & community.

Just FYI, Doom3 is 50% off on Steam until January 20th. That's $9.99. Not a bad price to pay for over 50 hours of stealthy goodness.

Everything about DM is beautiful, just small quirks like the lack of rustic guard voice sounds like it's been done homemade, not at all very natural & kinda ruins the atmosphere a little. then again you can't complain not having someone as talented as Stephen Russell behind the mic. I wonder if there'll be an overhaul for guard voice acting in the future, or will that be up to the fan mission makers themselves to create their own. ahh, so complicated.

I jump on good vocal talent whenever I can find it. We're adding a new vocal set by Narrator for 1.08.

I'd love to get someone to redo the "pro" vocal set...I personally think they're the worst of the bunch, and they're the default set for a number of common characters. It would have to be someone who could sound vaguely like the originals though, so that existing mission conversations mimicking that voice still fit.

...and I still owe you a guard voice set. Honestly I don't know when I'll get around to it, things are really busy right now. Lately I've been working in small voice parts for T2 FMs that I can knock out in short order, but a full set is huge. I'll let you know if I ever get around to it... sorry.

What does me wonder: What about the people who did the voice sets for T2X? Will there be still some available?

...and I still owe you a guard voice set. Honestly I don't know when I'll get around to it, things are really busy right now.
    No worries. If you do get time in the future, let me know...I might wind up farming that vocal script out to someone else in the meantime.

Sure, if you need to no problem. I will check with you if I ever get time to do it and make sure whether to use it or get a new one from you.

Page 106 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6566166717681869196101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast