TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Black Frog - mission 5 - The Black Frog

Thank Cardia, it's clear for me now

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    @ Lady Taffer: I don't remember there being a speed potion on Expert. But it shouldn't be that hard to make that jump without one. I've done it about 100 times by now. I know that's probably not much help but I've been trying to think of anything in particular that I do when making that jump but honestly, I think I just back up a few steps from the edge, run, jump and mantle up the other side. You can't jump completely across, you have to hit the far edge while continuing to hold the jump button down so that you will mantle up when you hit.
    Ah, I see what the problem was. Every time I've played Thief, all I've ever done to jump/mantle up on something was just hold down the space bar. I was finally able to get across the pit by jumping, letting go of the spacebar and pressing down again. Didn't even know that would work, but I guess there's still new things to learn about a game I've been playing for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Ah, I see what the problem was. Every time I've played Thief, all I've ever done to jump/mantle up on something was just hold down the space bar. I was finally able to get across the pit by jumping, letting go of the spacebar and pressing down again. Didn't even know that would work, but I guess there's still new things to learn about a game I've been playing for years.
    i did that jump with that trick that not everyone knows, i call it the longest jump ability, when jumping turn garrett body to the lef or right side, as soon as you are near the landing ground move garrett towards again.

Anyone knows how to hope the grate that keeps the blue gems?
    Last edited by cardia1; 30th Mar 2012 at 16:32.

Pedro, you don't need the blue gems, just the red one

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Just finished the campaign, 7 hours 32 minutes, 1182 damage dealt, 0 damage taken. I'm particularly proud of the zero damage taken part, given the nature of the 3rd and the 5th missions.

Mission 1 was interesting, mission 2 was very good, didn't really care for the 3rd mission, mission 4 was excellent, but it was mission 5 which was extraordinary. Similar to the original Emillie Victor and a mixture between Rocksbourg and The Acid Trip.

Thanks for hours and hours of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Pedro, you don't need the blue gems, just the red one

Thanks, i found it !

Mission and sequel finished

This was a damm fine project of high quality you brought to us Gaetane, great storyline, beautiful places to explore, very enjoyable gameplay and puzzles, lovely soundtracks specialy on the last part, and nicely done daylight skybox and atmosphere

i´ll will be gald to replay this sequel on expert mode next time.

Thank you for your contribution to the thief community Gaetane

Thank you Cardia1. The compliments from a talented author like you make me happy

Not really a spoiler, but you can weigh down those smoky spheres with a carefully placed moss arrow (the first blob sinks it to the floor). You need to be on the upper ledge/cage to get the right vantage point. The spheres remain dangerous, however.

If one strays too close to the cage edge (which I assume is an object) and you hit it, the moss blob will sink it INTO the floor.

I've played the campaign through again, and there's something I've been wondering about. The Black Frog is locked up and protected in the tower, yes? So what was it that Garrett touched in the mirror room inside Emilie's apartment that sent him to the world of the Black Frog? Was it really just a decoy like Emilie said in her note? If so, how was he transported to that world? I thought only the real Black Frog could do that.

Fantastic campaign! Loving it! I was thinking/hoping I'd get through all 5 missions with no hints or help needed, but now I'm stuck.

I've got they eye, and from reading here I know I'm supposed to get things from Basil's room, but it has the barrier and is not accessible. It looks like I'm supposed to do something in Emilie's apartment, but I can't figure out what. I've tried using the eye on the square thing under the portrait and I've tried frobbing the portrait and using they eye on it as well. I also have a rosary, but it doesn't seem usable. I even tried reconstructing the statue by putting its parts on the pedestal, but nope.

Could someone please give me a nudge?

bassmanret - If you've got Garrett's eye, you should now have access to one of the places (in the house) where there's a childish drawing of a face. There's 2 such drawings & something to find beyond each.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    bassmanret - If you've got Garrett's eye, you should now have access to one of the places (in the house) where there's a childish drawing of a face. There's 2 such drawings & something to find beyond each.
    Thanks for the reply, Sticky Fingers! But, I think I've either missed something or something is wrong. I've found one "childish drawing face" just a bit down the hall from Emelie's room, and one on the ground floor just a little ways from the outside snow/doll/flower area. Both of these are inaccessible and have barriers in front of them though. Is there another that I've missed?

Edit: HA! Of course, as soon as I post, I try something different and it works! I just used the eye on the doll in the snow, and BOOM! Moving forward now. Thanks for the nudge!
    Last edited by bassmanret; 1st Apr 2012 at 07:16. Reason: Got it!

i cant frob the blue crysals,so i cant get the cage open help please

[QUOTE=hawk;2118387]i cant frob the blue crysals,so i cant get the cage open help please[/QUOi ment crystals

Which blue crystals are you talking about? If you mean the ones in Garivaldi's room, they aren't frobbable. You need to search that room for a red crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    I just used the eye on the doll in the snow, and BOOM!
    Oops! My bad - forgot about that step

hawk - if you mean after getting past the beastie in the tunnels, you don't need the blue crystals. Just replace the working one with the red crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Oops! My bad - forgot about that step

hawk - if you mean after getting past the beastie in the tunnels, you don't need the blue crystals. Just replace the working one with the red crystal.
    thanks a lot i will do that

a very good mission,pity i could not play mission 4, due to the lever bug,,at the start with windows 7

I've sure if you ask, someone will fix one of your savegames for you. I would but I'm not clever enough.

I'm stuck. I'm in the room with the body of the doll but I can't get it.
    spoiler:
    When I climb the ladder there's a frobbable head but nothing happens.

There is another one of those frobbable heads in the room below. Hit that one before you climb the ladder. Both have to be frobbed to open the cage with the doll's body.

Do I need this key?

After returning from the Black Frog World, I entered the temple and found the instructions for replacing crystals. On the same table was a busted reset key, a.k.a. initialisation [sic] key. I have no idea where to find its replacement... do I need it?

Also, are there any secrets in the Black Frog World?

Thanks,

Dafydd

You don't need this key because it is broken. You can't pick it anyway

And no, there aren't secrets in the BF world

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I have no idea where to find its replacement... do I need it?
    Nope, you can use your regular thief tools on the corresponding lock.

Speed potion

Thanks, Gaetane and Jiansonz.

Yes, there is a speed potion on Expert: In the Black Frog World, go to the underground area with the floating, gassy heads (where you find the body, part 1, of the doll). Follow the heads' patrol path, past the cage and around to the left, and you'll eventually find a speed potion on a shelf on the outside wall -- easily seen if you're looking for it.

Dafydd