TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: Mistress Guenneanís Castle (30 Nov 2011) - Updated to v1.1 03 Dec

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Congratulations on releasing your new mission Beltzer! and Thank You!

131mb looks like quite a sizable mission, should provide a few hours of fun.

EDIT: Need some help please
    At the start of the mission, i've found the crypt key and robbed it, found the cross on the wall that glows red when you frob it. Unfortunately i can't work out what to do. Could someone give me a clue please, thanks!
    Hmm, have you read the bugs info in the Mistress Guennean’s Castle.rtf?
    One of the beta testers had the same problem on his retail version of thief 2?
    I'll have to try and find some info about the problem?

*EDIT*
    This door uses a custom script. Do you have the file script-t2.osm in your thief2 install folder?
    Last edited by Beltzer; 1st Dec 2011 at 07:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    Hmm, have you read the bugs info in the Mistress Guennean’s Castle.rtf?
    One of the beta testers had the same problem on his retail version of thief 2?
    I'll have to try and find some info about the problem?

*EDIT*
    This door uses a custom script. Do you have the file script-t2.osm in your thief2 install folder?
    Yes, i saw that bug report in the mission info, but did not realise that it applied to that door. At least we now know what the problem is.

I've checked and i do have an 'script-t2.osm' file, dated 10/Apr/2009, 566KB...

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Yes, i saw that bug report in the mission info, but did not realise that it applied to that door. At least we now know what the problem is.

I've checked and i do have an 'script-t2.osm' file, dated 10/Apr/2009, 566KB...
    Thats the one. Ok... as i said, i will try to find a solution for it.

Are you using the TrapTimedRelay script on that door?

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Are you using the TrapTimedRelay script on that door?
    Yes i do. Do you have an idea?

Yepp. Those having a problem with your mission are playing with an outdated version of the gen.osm script file.

They have to update the file (download) and restart the mission.

Yepp. Those having a problem with your mission are playing with an outdated version of the gen.osm script file.

They have to update the file and restart the mission.
    Ok, thank you very much. Maybe i should upload a 1.1 version
    of the FM with a gen.osm file?

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    Ok, thank you very much. Maybe i should upload a 1.1 version
    of the FM with a gen.osm file?
    That's not guaranteed to solve the problem. I don't know why, but sometimes DarkLoader refuses to replace the script file in the Thief 2 directory with the one from the mission's zip-file.

I included the correct gen.osm in all of my latest FMs, but some people still had the same problem.
    That's why I left a note in the readme and the ttlg-thread how to solve the problem.

IMHO, the best thing to do is to a) include the file in your .zip and b) perform a check in the mission itself, whether the script is loaded:

Create a marker that displays a message like "gen.osm is outdated, please see the readme how to fix this". Then, use a marker with TrapTimedRelay that triggers a destroy trap which removes the message. So, if the message appears, you know that the script is outdated. If the correct script is loaded, the other marker will be destroyed before the message is being displayed.
    Last edited by intruder; 1st Dec 2011 at 10:54.

They have to update the file (download) and restart the mission.
    Thanks for the help, though i would like to point out that for me, the mission only worked after i used an older version of gen.osm, rather then the 'latest' one.

gen.osm 19/July/2000 didn't work, but once i replaced it with the one from thiefmissions.com, version 27/Mar/2000, it worked!

Okay I must be blind. I'm at the beginning. I have done everything including rob the crypt. How do I open the underwater gate? I have searched everywhere for a switch. Thanks for any help!

Beltzer: This was a stunning work of art!!
    Thank you so much!! your first mission was good and the second was great but this one is AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Beltzer: This was a stunning work of art!!
    Thank you so much!! your first mission was good and the second was great but this one is AWESOME
    Thanks its really nice to read such comments. Its fun to build but its
    also fun to get greetings for the work.
    Thanks also to everyone else.

So are you guys gonna answer my previous question or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    So are you guys gonna answer my previous question or what?
    Sorry.
    Search the north-est corridor wall throughly.

Okay found the cross and frobbed and the gate is still there. I do have all latest files. Guess we wait for a huge bug fix huh?

Edit: Okay I went back to frob again and figured it out. Over all a very nice mission and I enjoyed it very much. Can't wait for the sequel! Is it ready yet?
    Last edited by Stingm; 1st Dec 2011 at 22:40.

this was a good bit of fun, and gave this addict his FM fix for a little while...

nope, need more now

That's not guaranteed to solve the problem. I don't know why, but sometimes DarkLoader refuses to replace the script file in the Thief 2 directory with the one from the mission's zip-file.

I included the correct gen.osm in all of my latest FMs, but some people still had the same problem.
    That's why I left a note in the readme and the ttlg-thread how to solve the problem.
    Since 2004, for this reason, I've been including gen.osm in my FMs, but I also rename it something like "genp.osm" (for gen patched) and then load that in the mission instead of gen.

Help!

Playing "hard" difficulty.

I have everything except the crown and about 250 or so loot.

I also found the skeleton, in multiple parts.

How do I get the crown (and hopefully the crown is near some loot)?

- prjames

Crown:
    Go back to where you got the note and key.

Look around for a frobbable torch. That should be enough.

Congratulations on your third release of FM Beltzer, but now I'm stuck, are at the beginning of the mission, I got the key, went in the hallway, opened the door but now I can not find the way.
    There is talk of a cross in the corridor to the northeast but I find no cross, help would be appreciated thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Since 2004, for this reason, I've been including gen.osm in my FMs, but I also rename it something like "genp.osm" (for gen patched) and then load that in the mission instead of gen.
    Thanks Russ! I totally forgot about this solution.

Quote Originally Posted by bluclint View Post
    Congratulations on your third release of FM Beltzer, but now I'm stuck, are at the beginning of the mission, I got the key, went in the hallway, opened the door but now I can not find the way.
    There is talk of a cross in the corridor to the northeast but I find no cross, help would be appreciated thanks.
    Clue:
    Search the walls

Giveaway clue:
    Search opposite the crypt door wall

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Thanks for that tip, that worked
    A beta tester with the problem will test it first.
    I'll upload a 1.1 version of the FM. Not sure what to do.
    Is it best to just edit this thread, update the links with the
    new version? And change the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Okay found the cross and frobbed and the gate is still there. I do have all latest files. Guess we wait for a huge bug fix huh?

Edit: Okay I went back to frob again and figured it out. Over all a very nice mission and I enjoyed it very much. Can't wait for the sequel! Is it ready yet?
    I'll begin with the next soon. First I'll fix a bug in Lord Beltzers Mansion
    and maybe redo Ransom
    I prepare for an campaign. So not, not ready just yet

Sorry shadows, the door of the crypt is this? Why can not I find this holy cross ..