TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136414651 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch a newbie, remember your "first time"

*Thor takes some popcorn and watches*

Oh why do my posts have to begin a new page at all costs...

neah...my comic is dry today. I'll let somebody else step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Khad View Post
    Compasses work on the basis of Satanist ritual magic(...)
    Cookie points for answering the questions, but negative cookie points for how you reported your progress with your new fanbase here at TTLG over at the SA thread.

God grief, now my co-worker is confusing me. Take and give a "brownie point" or a "cookie point", whatever.

You're right that the suggestion to let Crosby play the games was brought up over there, but I failed to notice a response of yours to that question, so I asked it again. Besides, ADD would be better at the game than Crosby. Cats usually are better at stealth games than dogs.

So yeah, keep them coming, and expand your vocabulary a bit beyond "fuck this game", and all is well and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post
    Cookie points for answering the questions, but negative cookie points for how you reported your progress with your new fanbase here at TTLG over at the SA thread.
    I am not good at math.

God grief, now my co-worker is confusing me. Take and give a "brownie point" or a "cookie point", whatever.

You're right that the suggestion to let Crosby play the games was brought up over there, but I failed to notice a response of yours to that question, so I asked it again. Besides, ADD would be better at the game than Crosby. Cats usually are better at stealth games than dogs.

So yeah, keep them coming, and expand your vocabulary a bit beyond "fuck this game", and all is well and good.

I agree. Too much spirit can spoil.

I got to say, this forum crossover is funny, from a sociological point of view.

You ttlg regulars should do a group hug and tell each other how much better you are than the retards and trolls at SA, just as they do. The ones in between the two forums are even more interesting to watch though.

Anyway, I am amused that the thief experts over there keep thinking that the next mission after Bonehoard is Thieves Guild, not Assassins.

Anyway, I am amused that the thief experts over there keep thinking that the next mission after Bonehoard is Thieves Guild, not Assassins.
    Dark Project The one true Thief.

Lytha Everyone loses 5 street cred for not taking the goon with a grain of salt

Surprising verbosity from Lytha after all these years, but I'm not complaining.

Well, I'm enjoying the LP immensely, and checking for an update every day. "Critically acclaimed game, huh?" Heehee. Keep it up, Khad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha;1996011 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1996011******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    I got to say, this forum crossover is funny, from a sociological point of view.
    [..]
    I was thinking the same thing. Feels like it's religious VS regular outsiders camps. And ofcourse the religious ones can be fanatics, though I'm not a fanatic, so I feel like Miltem (or what was his name) or Diego from Gothic.

I too only know people from video games

And I claim to be Shodan.

Quote Originally Posted by SA idiot
    Also this TTLG guy's are seriously flawed. I mean be a fan of a game, or like a game. but to sit around all day and discuss this one Game and none other and spend all your energy pointlessly white knighting this game is just...sad.
    :looks at forum index:

hey, yeah. Why aren't we discussing more games

there is no hope for mankind

You can't be SHODAN, because I am already SHODAN. Or was I Viktoria? It's so frigging long ago that I don't remember.

Heck, yeah. I'll always fondly remember the sheer nonlinearity of Pavelock Prison and the Clockwork Tower.
    I think we should start another TDS thread for battling with exceptional examples in order to proof a general statement which usually is a better verbalized opinion anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon
    I too only know people from video games
    Good for you!

You can't be SHODAN, because I am already SHODAN. Or was I Viktoria? It's so frigging long ago that I don't remember.
    Then we shall battle for the title. Choose your weapon. I choose the trout. A most suiting weapon of useless flesh built for my purpose.

Okay, then I shall chose Geordi the tomcat as my weapon.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    I pity envy your optimism.

I'm actually checking out the SA thread and... they "challenge" TTLG to play Conviction? Now, everything I know about the game is what I saw in ZP review, but isn't it essentially a corridor TPP shooter?

How odd. Lytha, LP Conviction plzkthx.

who is Geordi the tomcat?
    Also, let those people hallucinate their fps's are great. We have Thief, System shock, Morrowind, Deus ex, Arx Fatalis. We have plenty of goodies. Hmph!

Geordi the tomcat is a black and white tomcat from hell. He likes to eat fish.

As for Splintercell Conviction, I am not entirely sure that my PC can handle a modern game, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencium18 View Post
    Come to think about it, there are so many ways or moments in this game where he could just go insane:
    - The Thieves Guild (like everyone mentioned before)
    - The Sword (especially the 2 floor)
    - Following the assasins back to Ramirez
    - Ohhh...the horror of finding that lever in the lost city
    - The 4 different towers at the mages' castle
    - Those brightly lighted tunnels in "Escape", which are full of rats, bug beasts and spiders
    - Finding that tiny "Builder Chisel" in "Strange Bedfellows"
    Now that you mention the horrors to come, I think this Let's Play could make for a fun watch, especially if Khad records all of his failed attempts, aimlessly wandering around while desperately trying to come up with funny quips. The levels in The Dark Project are not well designed by today's standards (top-tier FM standards that is) and as far as I can tell, he will get lost and/or bored in most of the upcoming missions. Judging by the comments in his last video (the only one I watched), more endless mazes with useless maps will frustrate him to to the point of giving up on the game. My bet is on The Thieves Guild, that one will break him.

I actually don't think the Guild will be his downfall. Yes, it's a hard one, but just enough linearity to let it work for Khad. The Haunted Cathedral on Hard difficulty however...now that's something I want to see. (Especially the Serpentyle Torc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    I cannot understand this, but what does street cred have to do with playing rpg's since the early 80's. Hhhmmm????

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136414651 ... LastLast