TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1378

Thread: Watch a newbie, remember your "first time"

Next part is up. The part where he's trying to drop the item in the vault had me shouting at the screen, and then he calls the game retarded, he should take a look in the damn mirror.

Link

Seeing Khad staring at the map, being unable to figure a route to a room 3rd door to the right - priceless.

This came close to Thieves guild in terms of Khad frustration i think. I wonder how he will handle Soulforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
    This came close to Thieves guild in terms of Khad frustration i think. I wonder how he will handle Soulforge.
    Or Gervasius's Mansion

Soulforge is just big and overcomplicated, whereas Gervasius' place is a real pain (especially at first playthrough; given Khad's spatial awareness and map reading ability, he won't ever be able to disable the cameras etc. )

I doubt Ambush and Eavesdropping will give him much trouble. Still should be some fun moments in those levels. He's bound to get lost a few times in Ambush, and there's the Mech Beast (and the two Haunts if he explores enough to make it to the basement) in Eavesdropping. My first time through the Bank was very difficult for me, but I probably played it on Expert. I'm looking forward to seeing how Khad manages in that level.

He will play on Normal/Hard and kill them all.

Khad is likely to go to police academy, so further updates would be scarce at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
    Khad is likely to go to police academy
    I hope he's better at catching thieves than being one.

Classical Master 2008
    At worst, it will be like Naked Gun: fucked up, but still entertaining.

Ambush is up. He actually finished it in 1 episode. He throws a nice tantrum when he can't escape through the apartment window - he's trying to jump and can't fit through...when all he had to do was walk through it without jumping...and as usual he blames the developers for his own stupidity

Khad becoming a cop?

Just a head's up: someone else on SA is doing a LP of the Thief trilogy. He is somewhat more ... experienced ... than Khad was/is. So at last Thief'll get a proper treatment.

the opening statement:
    Solid Snake is a Wimp, Let's Play the Thief Trilogy.

Sam Fisher is, too. Look at all that stuff they need just to sneak around! Nightvision, guns, rocket launchers, budgets, radios, handlers, third-person perspectives...hell, they don't even need to sneak half the time if they don't want to.

Real men don't need all that.
    Real men go alone.
    Real men don't kill anyone (unless they're sub-humans, who obviously don't count).
    Real men only need a sword, sap, and bow (plus the occasional elemental arrow) (and maybe some grenades) (and mines).
    Real men rely wholly on stealth.
    Real men like Garrett.

I'm a fan of Threadbare since his Galactic Civilizations 2 'parliamentary' playthrough. Highly recommended.

Ah, watched him play the training miossion and first 3 missions. For that LP the biggest, ehm, slowdown is the fact that he knows the game inside out. But otherwise I like the random stuff he sometimes comments on about the logic of the level and such or additional info I did not know.

Thought about maybe making a goofing-around LP where I provoke the engine and myself to screw up a lot (that's how I usually play it anyway) but then again; I don't have the character to purpusely make fun commentary et cetera. These things come to me spontaneously. Not to mention I have no idea how to record&edit&stuff a video (+my voice probably sounds pretty ridiculous on a bad microphone) and probably not a powerful enough computer (a really old one in fact) to make a recording anyway. Maybe someday I'll work up to this and make godknowswhat tho lol.
    Altho this was probably not interesting to read and it's quite self-centered as you people would say but I wanted to post it but at least I'll make it a size 1 comment! Don't strain your eyes.

I agree. I watched the first 5-6 of his videos, and while I liked them- he does know the game too well for them to have much drama in his LP. He'd have to mostly do it deliberately, but I wish he would get himself into sticky situations more. That's one of the really fun things about Khad's LP. The way Threadbare finished Bafford's was interesting, but he'd obviously done it that way a bunch of times, and had it down too well for it to be very exciting. Leaving some guards wandering around to maybe muck things up later would help, I think.

Also, I wish he'd talk more. He said at the beginning that he didn't want to take away from the ambiance by yapping the whole time, and that's fine- for me, though, I've already got the ambiance and now I'm more interested in his take on things and his reactions to the unique situations you always find yourself in when playing Thief. He does keep up a fairly steady stream of interesting things to say, though.

I think I'll stick with him for a while, anyway. Not as exciting as Khad, but still quite a lot of fun. Also, I gave up on Khad because he keeps constantly slurping/gulping and cracking sunflower seeds right into the mic. I know a lot of people don't mind, but I can't stand it. Too gross and too distracting for me.

hihi, that's fun to know about the sunflower seeds cracking. I only noticed it at times when he actually commented on it. Yet when people snore both ingame or in RL, I just want to hit them a bunch of times with a blackjack or something like that.

Fan missions would make a good substitute if the player is too familiar with the original missions.

Let's plays where the player knocks out or kills all the guards and npcs are incredibly boring and dull to watch. It just comes down to a simple process and takes all the challenge, tension and excitement out of the game. Particularly for an experienced player. I don't know why he doesn't at least try and test himself or try and make it the slightest bit fun or interesting in that way. Otherwise it just becomes routine.

The next video is up : Eavesdropping, part 1

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    The next video is up : Eavesdropping, part 1
    Some great Khad moments there

Ladder, save me

Khad, if you're reading this, please solve your cutscene playing problem, you're missing stuff.

Wow modern gaming child is still going, and he's up to Thief 2!!!

Taking a break
    His door rant was ace.

"The map is upside down!"

"I hate hammers...they look different though. They're wearing different shit."

"He nut shotted me!"

"Use your Goddamn sword you fuckin' retard!"

Sees first bot and it gets him......"FUCK GODDAMNIT!"

Really can't get interested in watching Khad's videos - but I love reading the "edited highlights"

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast