TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: Forbidden Rites

Thief 2 FM: Forbidden Rites

OK, version 2 is up, and ready to go here: http://www.thiefmissions.com/downloa...ForbiddenRites

Have fun!

My apologies to anyone who downloaded version 1. Please make sure you have the filename: "forbidv2.zip", this is the correct version.
    Last edited by Krush; 1st Nov 2005 at 20:01.

Will you also upload it to Fileplanet ? (it is free isn't it ?)

malau, I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but I've noticed in several threads that you've mentioned file planet. I'm not exactlly sure why you'd want to use file planet, but all the current Thief missions are available at www.thiefmissions.com. the thiefmissions server is very fast and it's much easier to find missions for each Thief game. Just a thought.
    -=Z=-

Archivist
    Well done Krush It was a joy to betatest your mission. For your first mission it's really well done.
    I guess Epithumia didnt had time yet to add your mission on top at Thiefmissions. But when doing a search I was able to find it

Quote Originally Posted by Zwolf
    malau, I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but I've noticed in several threads that you've mentioned file planet. I'm not exactlly sure why you'd want to use file planet, but all the current Thief missions are available at www.thiefmissions.com. the thiefmissions server is very fast and it's much easier to find missions for each Thief game. Just a thought.
    -=Z=-
    I think its because he operates from a public computer with a firewall that blocks most downloads (except fileplanet)

WOW! Absolutely one of the best T2 FMs I've played. Good story. Great layout and flow. Lots of guards/challenges. Hard to find secrets (I've got more hunting to do before I find them all!). Quite amazing for a first effort! Thank you for a well-balanced FM that was very enjoyable to play. Looking forward to more.

bikerdude

er no the link aint working...

er no the link aint working...

Well Krush the Second I've downloaded Version 1 and as I am near the end (and met with no problems up to now) don't feel like giving it up. I'm playing on expert mode and if I remember right shouldn't encounter any problems.
    Can you just confirm ?

Thank you
    Fist and sword
    Mosley

Bikerdude, I just checked the link and it's working fine for me.

Mosley, if you're playing with version 1, expert mode should work OK. The problem was that normal and hard mode call for 1300 and 1650 loot respectively, but the game would not end unless you got 2000 loot.

So basically, just get to the end, and if you see a success screen, then forget I said anything...

However, I did make a few more "tweaks" such as making a couple of unpickable doors pickable, adding some vegetation, moss arrows, and 150 more loot, so you might want to DL version 2 anyway.

Ahem Krush I'm afraid I'm stuck now and I badly need some help please

By the way :
    spoiler:
    your haunts and wizards make my blood freeze. Well I've come into the crypt down to the grottos and I can see three doors at three different levels. There are glyphs shining on the doors. Now what am I to do to open them ? I've read something about a hallway with purple and green light but I can't find it

Your mission is brilliant Krush, definitely one of the very best released this year !
    Thank you
    Fist and sword
    Mosley

Mosley, just explore that area and you'll find what you need to do.

Thanks Shadows

Fist and sword
    Mosley

Oops . . . wrong mission!
    Last edited by taffedinthehead; 4th Nov 2005 at 08:42.

Lord ! Please Shadows and all some more help !
    spoiler:
    I've frobbed a door on the first floor of the crypt where the wizard and haunt are patrolling. This took me to a room with a skeleton and two rope arrows (playing on expert). I found the first glyph upstairs and I've been teleported to the second floor. Well now my problem is I don't know what to do to humble myself. Aleady been on my knees and on all fours but to no avail . How shall I humble myself so that I can find the second glyph ? and the big room with the wizard and two haunts ? Already been there and found some loot but where is the third glyph ? Please give me the right answers this time. First time I feel so lost in a mission

Thanks
    Fist and sword
    Mosley (pretty much exhausted) sorry forgot the spoiler thing !!!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Dec 2005 at 15:33.

@Mosley:

Where would you use a rope arrow? Look up!
    For this and the remaining glyphs:
    spoiler:
    I'd strongly recommend to READ everything readable.

Mosley:

spoiler:
    If you go to get the second glyph while standing up, you will be crushed, it's like the trap in the Lost City where you have to crouch down.

As for the big room with the wizard and two haunts, you will find the 3rd glyph in the back hallway with the green lights. Just look for a side room.

Dirty Old Man,

I know where to use a rope arrow thanks
    spoiler:
    I've already found the first glyph on the 1st floor where you have to use the rope arrow

Fist and sword
    Mosley

Ok Krush
    spoiler:
    I've finally found the second glyph. I realized I had to crouch but was certainly standing instead of crouching that's why I got killed each time. On to the third one now

Fist and sword
    Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Mosley
    Lord ! Please Shadows and all some more help !
    Sorry, i wasn't sure what help you needed exactly and didn't want to spoil things for you...

For the third glyph on the top of the stairs of the second level, turn right and keep going. you'll be in a big room with some nasties. go to the back and through any one of the two doorways and then go to the middle of that corridor, there's a room there (it's dark so look carefully), another cryptic clue, it means the floor is rigged when you flob the glyph, anyway frob it by leaning forwards and back to that door which should be openable now

Thank you Shadows, Krush and everybody I've finally completed the mission !
    spoiler:
    I thought things were going too be more difficult regarding glyphs and looked for difficulties where there weren't any .

Off to Thieves' highway now ....
    Fist and sword
    Mosley

Two questions:
    1. Where is the portcullis? I have the key but don't remember using it.
    2. I'm misssing two secrets - maybe they complete the rest of the loot (200).

I have one problem, guess I'm missing something but...

spoiler:
    I can't open a crypt. I am in a lab, activated a circle, ignited fire and at this point my problem occurs. What am I supposed to cast into fire? According to the book it has to be a "remainder of the spell focus" but the only thing i can pick up here is a skull downstairs. I cast it into fire but nothing happens.

thnx

Viscon:vial of blood

thnx JacekA = i thought it had to be something with
    spoiler:
    blood
    but haven't even noticed i had it in my inventory = funny...

Viscon, to open the magical door to the crypt you have to :
    spoiler:
    go upstairs where you found the corpse of Roderick, shot a holy water arrow in the center of the star, read a passage of the book of spells in your inventory, then a fire will appear and you must throw the vial of blood into the fire. The door to the crypt will then open.

Fist and sword
    Mosley