TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Disorientation (08-06-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Re the Alchemist, if you mean how to get in his store:
    In the upper floor of the stone cutter's business further down the street you will find a removeable brick in the wall located behind a large crate. Look inside.
    Thanx, bobber, but I got the Alchemist's key what seems like ages ago - nifty hiding place! Will keep looking for what it opens (currently staring at 4 valves & a lever, but will have a fresh go tomorrow).

clearing - there's a book in there by one of the statues that says something like "impressive, now how are you going to get back on the bridge ?"

Chiron - go to the room with the big sewer hatch, lever and four valve puzzle and have a look at the alcove by the bed that's partly covered by one of the hanging tapestries

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    This FM is great in every way, guess I'm just short on patience patience today. Sorry.
    Aww Dia...I know how you feel...but at least you have twice as much patience as anyone else
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 9th Jun 2009 at 11:54.

silver door

I'm having a ball with my rope arrows, and this is one gorgeous mission all right: I LOVE the humour and the classic style.

Just one wee thing.......

Where is the key to the silver door in the market ? I HAVE looked, really .....

am I just being dense ?

Here's a hint about the sewer lever puzzle, but don't read it if you're not sure you really, really need one:

Back on the beta testing forums, there was quite a bit of discussion on whether it's fair, unfair or downright evil, and how many in-game hints and clues should be around. At one point, I wrote something to the effect of: "Surely, no player will be stubborn enough to sit in front of it for hours and hours, refusing to budge an inch until he's solved it. Surely, after 5 or maybe 10 minutes, everyone would realize that they probably need to go elsewhere and find some hint first, right? RIGHT?"

Also, Melan has already shared a very good piece of advice: think about what purpose it might serve.

Quote Originally Posted by lomondtaffer
    Where is the key to the silver door in the market ? I HAVE looked, really .....
    If the house's owner is nowhere to be found then maybe he's at home - that's where people tend to be whenever they're not elsewhere, especially at night. Now, if you were at home, where would one most probably find a key to your house?

gheehehe someone visited this place ?

spoiler:

me yes

Melan: Looks like I'm missing a hidden area, yes. But I have no idea how to get there. The "door" on top of the machine in the south looks suspicious, especially since it's identical to the "door" next to the switch puzzle everyone is talking about.

Personally, I think that puzzle's sole purpose is to annoy players. It seems to be doing a wonderful job at that, and nothing else.

Another question - the Lady has two escape routes from her "palace" - how do I open the second one from the palace side?

Think bookcases.

Locked gate near start of mission

Finished on hard but with poor loot count. Now it's time to explore everywhere I haven't been.
    So how do I open the gate that is located very near where the mission begins? I see a lever behind the gate but cannot reach it. It is an area I want to check out but can't figure out how to get in there.
    Thanks.

sterlino: welcome in Rooftop Climbing Guild...
    yes, I've got there after reading your message...

bobber: yes, you can get there:

hint: join Rooftop Climbing Guild ...
    better hint: check our screenshots
    more better hint: look for source of water in the highest place
    Last edited by Aspirin; 9th Jun 2009 at 15:17.

Whoa. Just finished on Hard in 2hrs. 21mins. Gotta say that this was defnitely a fascinating FM! Graphics, etc., were fantastic; puzzles & accessing seemingly 'secret' areas were a little mind-bending at times, but this mission made you slow down and think, which is a good thing imho. Loved all the places to explore; though it did get a little creepy when I had to take that small elevator down to the lowest level, walk amongst the skeletons' bones to retrieve the key to the uppermost small gate, then try not to get killed crossing through that red-eyed skull's little room (that voice was very spooky!)! Overall I enjoyed it tremendously; but got a little cranky in a few areas where I couldn't figure something out immediately (my fault, not Melan's).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Here's a hint about the sewer lever puzzle, but don't read it if you're not sure you really, really need one:

Back on the beta testing forums, there was quite a bit of discussion on whether it's fair, unfair or downright evil, and how many in-game hints and clues should be around. At one point, I wrote something to the effect of: "Surely, no player will be stubborn enough to sit in front of it for hours and hours, refusing to budge an inch until he's solved it. Surely, after 5 or maybe 10 minutes, everyone would realize that they probably need to go elsewhere and find some hint first, right? RIGHT?"

Also, Melan has already shared a very good piece of advice: think about what purpose it might serve.
    WARNING: SERIOUS SPOILER REGARDING VALVES/LEVER PUZZLE: Sorry; but both Melan's 'hint', 'think about what purpose it might serve', as well as yours, 'Surely, after 5 or maybe 10 minutes, everyone would realize that they probably need to go elsewhere and find some hint first, right?' are to say the least, a bit misleading. I sat in front of said lever & valves thinking that the purpose was obviously that they had something to do with opening the hatch-door right next to it. But just as obviously I was wrong. I think it's kind of unfair to create a 'puzzle' that really isn't a puzzle at all and then continue to keep responses to questions about the non-puzzle misleading so that Taffers will keep trying to figure it out. There are die-hards like myself who will sit there and try to figure it out even if it takes an hour or until we're told that it wasn't a puzzle in the first place. You need to remember that a lot of us become so totally immersed in an FM that we'll take what appears to be a puzzle quite seriously and of course, do our damnedest to solve it, especially if we think it's integral to an objective or two. So telling us to think about what purpose those valves & lever serve, and saying we should go elsewhere to seek a hint first just makes stubborn-assed Taffers like myself even more determined to solve it. I'd rather the answers regarding puzzles-that-aren't-puzzles were honest so that I wouldn't waste more time trying to figure them out.

Otherwise, it was an excellent FM and I'd like to see another one in the same style from Melan! Thanks Melan and all who contributed to this great FM!

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post

spoiler:

me yes
    Where is that place, please?

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post

spoiler:

me yes
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    sterlino: welcome in Rooftop Climbing Guild...
    yes, I've got there after reading your message...

bobber: yes, you can get there:

hint: join Rooftop Climbing Guild ...
    better hint: check our screenshots
    more better hint: look for source of water in the highest place
    Well, that's one way of getting there. There's also another, in the same general area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia
    Where is that place, please?
    If you follow the canal southwards, you'll come upon a spot where there's a green vase sitting in a window overlooking the canal and only approachable through some acrobatics. It's in the same general location - keep your eyes up.

WELL, i found 3 keys.... but 4 door closed as sealed !! and the keys don't fit in no one of those door. wtf !

Wow, I'm upset I didn't get this mission sooner. D-loading right now...

Looks like it was made for T1, and thats just the way I like it

Nice mission, but rather frustrating at places.

A few questions thus far.

At the beginning how to get over the gate, I can't see anywhere to rope up to.

And just down from the beginning there is another gate too, I can get on top of it and see some plant up a wall, but not over it.

The body, where do I leave
    I've got that it needs to be in the cellar, but that is either behind a locked door with no obvious key in the pub.

The palace key, I'm thinking it may be a reward from the above task, but if not I'm seriously lacking in keys

I put the body on the bed in the cellar, that did it for me.

Gaaaa...

Seriously, are you telling me you can't get down into the Keeper Library? I see a book on a ledge but no way to get over the high gate.

Does the sewer lever puzzle have anything to do with the library? I am pulling my hair out trying to figure it out!!

Could someone PM with an outright spoiler? Please?

WOW !!! Another place !!!

Has anybody found an abandonned storage area with partially working lift, key and absolutly creepy atmosphere ?

This is definitely one of the best FMs ! Melan, you are master of masters !!!

Aspirin: I just found it myself. It sure is a creepy place.

But despite having the loot list in hand, and double-checking on some devious bits of loot, I'm still 100 short.

Unkillable Cat: have you got to the fourth room with a lot of skeletons and flies? Door seems unopenable.

0k so the valve puzzle is not a puzzle?...am I correct

I have tried to fathom it out but it appears now, that it is not a way forward after all.

I must say I am confused by the mixed messages from here...some have said to find out what the valves do,urging us on...and others that say,they know that it is NOT in fact a puzzle....I have wasted enough time on it I think.

Could someone please pm me or spoil to let me know which is the case?...puzzle or silly time waster.

Hmmm, this won't end well:

Swiz, how did you get there ? Can you fly or what ?
    Last edited by Aspirin; 9th Jun 2009 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    If you follow the canal southwards, you'll come upon a spot where there's a green vase sitting in a window overlooking the canal and only approachable through some acrobatics. It's in the same general location - keep your eyes up.
    Found it. However; I tried a gazillion times to find a way over to the space between the buildings, but ended up crashing & burning every single time (or wasting rope & broadhead arrows)! (see examples below)

By this time I even considered learning Dromed so I could go in & tweak the damned thing to enable me to get up to that ##*!!!# window! (Don't even know if that'd be possible, besides, it'd take too long from what I've heard about Dromed.)

So okay, Mr. Smartypants! Give up your secret! How on God's green earth did you get over there???? ('kthnx.)

Also: One more question regarding this particular area. When I finally maneuvered myself over to the sloped support to frob the vase in the window, I realized I also frobbed a door that opened (& shut) inside that room. Couldn't figure out how to get to the inside of that building. (Went running around a lot trying to find which building it was; I'm beginning to think I'm directionally challenged ..... even with a compass. )

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast