TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Robin Hood" with Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott - Russell is almost Garrett

"Robin Hood" with Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott - Russell is almost Garrett

Some people here said that Russell Crowe would look cool as Garrett if somebody decided to make a hollywood film about THIEF.

Well, that´s not Thief but it´s like his almost twin brother...
    It´s the Robin Hood movie. Scheduled for 2010. With Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott! Oh, and Cate Blanchett as Maid Marian.

Here we have Russell Crowe in medieval clothing, with a bow, playing as a legendary thief!

The clothes impressed me. It really reminds me of the Garrett models in T1 and T2.
    Now, the bow seems a little strange. Very simple. Doesn´t have anything outstanding for the legendary bow of the infamous Robin.

So what´s your verdict?
    Russell Crowe could make a perfect Garrett ?

How about Harrison Ford, his voice sounds kinda similar to Garrett's. The narration in Bladerunner(directed by Ridley Scott!) reminds me of Garrett during the Thief cutscenes.

Yeah, first thing that came to mind was Thief when I saw that production still. Awesome outfit, pity the movie will be likely be another worthless retread of an old story - I'd rather they did take a stab at Thief. Crowe never sprung to mind as a Garrett choice, but he probably wouldn't be half bad. He can definitely muster that cocky half smile arrogance that you felt was behind his narration.

Nice! So they're actually making it then. I thought it had been cancelled amidst all of the strikes, way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    Yeah, first thing that came to mind was Thief when I saw that production still. Awesome outfit, pity the movie will be likely be another worthless retread of an old story -
    Apparently it doesn't portray Robin Hood as the 'good guy' who 'steals from the rich to' etc. More like a proper amoral bastard who's out to steal the sheriff's girlfriend.

This is all I remember from when it was announced.

jtr7
    He'd be decent, I think. If he could match Stephen Russell's cadence, which is slower and more deliberate than Crowe's usual.

Well, both the Disney version and Howard Pyle's The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood were among the big list of obvious influences on Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    The clothes impressed me. It really reminds me of the Garrett models in T1 and T2.
    Now, the bow seems a little strange. Very simple. Doesn´t have anything outstanding for the legendary bow of the infamous Robin.
    Actually the bow and maybe the hood are the props I like most in this picture. Big vambraces, high buttoned boots and the presumably modern pants are in fact not so medieval. I mean, the historical accuracy of "Kingdom of Heavens" wasn't too bad, but I'm always fascinated by how easy it is to get at least authentical-looking props but not using them nonetheless.

Crowe is not bad a choice, looks okay when "thiefed up" (see below).
    However there are actors with more suitable jaws. And let's face it, with Garrett it's all about the lower face part.

Next one, please!

Could I send you a photo of my face and you'd turn it into a incredibly cool-looking Garrett artwork?

Sure, only 5 $ and my revolutionary web service Garrettr will produce such artwork for you.

Good one, redface!

Wow !
    That´s incredible!
    He even has a fire arrow!

Clearinghouse
    Nice, redface

jtr7
    \o/

Very nice!

And I found this while looking for the LGS at ISA for T3 thread:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...305#post245305

Yes, Russell can play Garrett. The bow is OK because the bow doesn't make the sharpshooter. Anyway, I think he stole it from a sheriff's guard.

Amazing skills, redface! I like that image very much.

So who else do you guys think could play Garrett. Throw in some faces

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    Apparently it doesn't portray Robin Hood as the 'good guy' who 'steals from the rich to' etc. More like a proper amoral bastard who's out to steal the sheriff's girlfriend.

This is all I remember from when it was announced.
    Sounds great. Maybe it will beat Robin Hood: Men in Tights as my favourite RH movie.

redface, you have some amazing skills!

Offtopic
    Beautiful artwork redface! I love that photo!

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg
    Could I send you a photo of my face and you'd turn it into a incredibly cool-looking Garrett artwork?

@jtr7: Interesting, I didn't even know Spector posted on the forums! (Then again, I don't know a lot... that was before my time. :P I only joined this site in 2003.)
    /offtopic

On-topic: Thread title misleading. What do you mean by the "Russel is almost Garrett?" We're talking about the wrong Russell. You said Crowe, not Stephen Russell. Plus, Russell is his first name, not last name. Anyway, nice picture of Crowe there... Doesn't he have a different accent that just wouldn't fit Garrett?

jtr7
    He's changed his accent before, but of course, we don't know if he'd change it to match Stephen Russell's, and I'd bet he wouldn't. He might think a Faux European setting would call for a Londoner accent or something "more appropriate". I wonder if he's changed his accent for Robin Hood?

Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    So who else do you guys think could play Garrett. Throw in some faces
    'k; I'll play:

Great job on Mr. Crowe, btw.
    Last edited by Dia; 30th Apr 2009 at 00:18.

One more?

OhGodOhGod! How could I have forgotten about our beloved Viggo????!!!

P.S. I'm going to marry him when I grow up!

Clearinghouse
    Last edited by clearing; 30th Apr 2009 at 07:07.

If I had to choose...........god its hard, Viggo for me.

They're all too handsome to be Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    god its hard, Viggo for me.
    You lucky lucky girl