TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 27121722232425262728293031323742475257626772 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Old Games (gog.com)

Yay, always wanted this. I already have Baldur's Gate on DVD, and so this is one I've wanted a long time.

Rather amusingly for the guys on this forum, GOG say on their header that it's the second-most requested game on GOG - the first being System Shock II. I would be SO happy if they got that!

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    ???
    their website banner has gog.com, their website title is GOG.com .....
    where does your GoG come from ? I've never seen it
    Maybe you have seen it but simply did not notice. Zygoptera's post (#615), Zerker's (#509) and Koki's (#474), maybe there are more, I did not search any further in this thread. TTLG is thankfully mostly unaffected, but you can find the GoG in comments to RPS and Kotaku articles, I have also seen it crop up on other gaming forums. Maybe it has something to do with people being used to the o in the middle being a preposition, like GoW, MoH, SoF, etc.
    Last edited by Bjossi; 28th Sep 2010 at 12:33.

They should have the PC versions of Mortal Kombat 1-3 for $5.99. I would buy that.

Bad habit. I've fixed post #509 to remove all evidence of my insanity.

Moderator and Priest
    GooOooG.

Bah. Planescape's nice and all, but I already own it. SO WHERE ICEWIND DALE, GOG? I WANT IT AND THE EXPANSION, OR I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO FORGIVE FOR CRAZY CLOSE STUNT!

Nah, just kidding Gog. I could never hate you for long.

Chakat sex pillow
    I gots my Icewind Dale 1 & 2 collection sitting pretty in the box with the soundtrack CD, and the map poster, and oh... it just feels so good.

I might even play the games past their opening screens some day!

Moderator and Priest
    If you don't, then send it to me. At least I'll appreciate what I've got.

hmmm... weird, I just got the email today.

You're not the only one who got that email late.

In fact, I posted a message to GOG regarding it.

You should do the same.

yeah, what an insult. to the barricades.

I wasn't worried about it, Getting it day one isn't a priority for me even if it wasn't Torment.

I'll always be able to buy it down the road, since they'll never unexpectedly shut down the site. That would never happen.

The latest release on GOG is the complete Icewind Dale. I've never played it, although I've heard good things about it. Can anyone say how it compares to other high-quality RPGs such as Baldur's Gate?

Icewind Dale, in my mind, was always the superior dungeon crawl between it and Baldur's Gate. It reminds me of rogue-like games except with lots of pretty colors.

Damn, I kinda knew it was coming out today and forgot to put cash on my card for it.

I guess the question now is, what's next? BG2? NWN? ToEE?

Moderator and Priest
    \/ YEAHHHH! ICEWIND DALE!

...figures it comes out right after I buy Blood, Arcanum, and Psychonauts. Way to go GOG. Now I've got too much to play.

And is it just me, or is Blood the hardest FPS that's ever been made? Usually I throw the switch to the highest difficulty setting and roll on. With Blood, I've got it set to the second lowest, and it's still handing my ass to me. Evil, evil game. Fun though.

Edit: Hey, I'm talking about Blood in the 666th post. That is fucking bad as shit.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 6th Oct 2010 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    And is it just me, or is Blood the hardest FPS that's ever been made?
    Yep, it's certainly one of the harder ones. I played on the easiest and found it to be well balanced (for me). I don't even want to imagine what it would be like on the hardest though.

Hey, I'm talking about Blood in the 666th post. That is fucking bad as shit.
    haha nice

yeah blood is epix hard, I usually give up after a couple of hours of the constant, oppressive macabre atmosphere (that isn't much helped by the grainy splattercore graphics). I'll have to give it another run through - I only have the shareware, I should really grab the full deal

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Blood is difficult but fair. You will die a lot, particularly because of the sheer number of hitscan enemies (cultists nearly always have a Thompson or shotgun) but you never feel overwhelmed and there aren't half as many irritating enemies like Shadow Warrior. Shadow Warrior basically deluges you in highly visible ninjas all carrying machine guns that can take off 25hp in a few seconds from a mile away, and that's before they break out the rocket launchers.

sounds hellish. is that even worth playing or do you have to cheese the whole game?

\/ YEAHHHH! ICEWIND DALE!

...figures it comes out right after I buy Blood, Arcanum, and Psychonauts. Way to go GOG. Now I've got too much to play.
    I share your sentiment, Renz, but of course I bought IWD anyway. I guess they got you with that weekend deal too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Damn, I kinda knew it was coming out today and forgot to put cash on my card for it.

I guess the question now is, what's next? BG2? NWN? ToEE?
    They've been released in chronological order so far which would make BG2 next, then NWN.

Chakat sex pillow
    If you don't, then send it to me. At least I'll appreciate what I've got.
    Did I also mention that it comes with the HoW expansion pack, print manuals, and the official strategy guides on CD which I'll never even bother to check out?

I'd totally send it to you Renz, but it looks kinda nice sitting next to my Neverwinter Gold box. Wouldn't want to separate them!

Edit: Hey, I'm talking about Blood in the 666th post. That is fucking bad as shit.
    667, but close enough...

Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 27121722232425262728293031323742475257626772 ... LastLast