TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324293439444954596469 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Old Games (gog.com)

lol

I-War 2

Yeah, baby!

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/independence_war_2

I wonder if this might also nudge Torn Stars back into motion?

Best space game I have ever played. Might be time to dig up that mod I started on again.

Wowzer, instant-buy when I get home tonight I-War was great fun, although I had to cheat to get anywhere with it.

Yeah, it's hard. I figured out how not to get missiled to death in the big fights, though. Every item on your ship has a "threat rating", and if this is higher than everyone else's, that'll be more or less where the missiles are going.
    In short, even if it's tempting to bring four gattling cannons and twenty anitmatter warheads everywhere, you might want to leave them at home for some fights.

I manage to get myself missiled to death in all fights. They're damn near impossible to dodge in the lumbering tug, and each one chops off a quarter of my hull.

A wile back, I sent an e-mail to the developers of Dreamfall. I asked them to sell it on GOG. I told them I would buy it if they do. Still, I doubt it will happen.

Serious Sam: First and Second Encounters

For those who have avoided the HD remakes on Steam for whatever reason, GOG.com are now offering the original "Serious Sam: The First Encounter", and have TSE on their upcoming games list.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:26. Reason: Taking my HD remake question elsewhere...

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I've just ordered this, and will also get the Second Encounter when it comes out. These are for me the most fun FPS games out there. Playing on the hardest difficulty level (I think it's called Serious), I can only do with God mode on, but it's a sign of how much fun this game is that I'm happy to do this. That's my evening gone

Unfortunately, the price looks a bit high. I recall the Gold Edition was usually less than $10 for the pair of them if you can find a box nowadays. I have both already, but I'm a bit disappointed. I expected either $5.99 individual or $9.99 for both.

True, but for me they're such great games that I want to support the devs and GOG even though I have a copy, and $10 isn't that much. Personally I'm happy to pay that much for a quality game without DRM. You can always wait until they have the two in a sale together for ~$10, which is the kind of thing GOG do

or you can wait a little for the inevitable SS1+2 combo pack promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerker View Post
    Unfortunately, the price looks a bit high. I recall the Gold Edition was usually less than $10 for the pair of them if you can find a box nowadays. I have both already, but I'm a bit disappointed. I expected either $5.99 individual or $9.99 for both.
    Agreed 100%
    I also have both games already.

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    or you can wait a little for the inevitable SS1+2 combo pack promotion.
    Inevitable? Why is it inevitable? They still don't have SS1 or 2, now do they?

Uh

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    ~*sNiEkSiEgArReT*~ proves he doesn't read once again

Fuck you dethtoll

hy? are you reading something I'm not? I don't see any news about it on gog.com. Nor is there anything on this page to suggest that they will be having it.

I did read, I thought SS meant System Shock. I realize the conversation was about Sreious Sam but I was skim reading first of all, and second of all "SS" could mean System Shock.

*loads up gog.com*

Yep, still the main image on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    I realize the conversation was about Sreious Sam but I was skim reading first of all, and second of all "SS" could mean System Shock.
    So you didn't read after all, considering that nobody has actually mentioned System Shock. We were talking about Serious Sam.

Context. Make use of it.

And quit bawwwing all over the place, you screwed up, I poked fun at you, get over it.

Yeah, that's the problem. Why do you feel the need to be an ass all the time? I made a silly mistake, I admit that, but you blew it up in my face. As long as you continue to attack me, I will respond back. If you don't want me "bawwing" all the time quit responding to my posts in such a way.

On a semi-on-topic note, it would be nice if SS1, 2, and thief for that matter were on GOG.

SS - serious sam (only for now)

they are on the top of the wishlist sofar. sorry, I thought for a short time it would be okay to abbreviate Serious Sam with SS, ignoring the deep-rooted association with SystemShock on this board.

detholl's reaction seems to have been inapropriate just like any of his "replies" or "contributions" to threads have been when I made the mistake to read or reply to them back then. I would advise to put him on the ignore list because he seems to have all the time and motivation in the world to fight you - judging from quotes - in any way possible and imo it's not worth it on a gaming board.

Chakat sex pillow

i love the richness of the instrument

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    On a semi-on-topic note, it would be nice if SS1, 2, and thief for that matter were on GOG.
    If Thief:TDP appears on GoG I will buy five copies. Yes, five.

Alas, it will never happen as that would actually require effort on the GoG's part.

i read in a few interviews that they are aware of the demand and that they themselves know that it would be THE very definition of an good old game but as many will have guessed: LEGAL ISSUES
    besides, the games still sell well so I doubt the rightholders will rush to put it on gog

Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324293439444954596469 ... LastLast