TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Is there a bolt cutter or pliers (or similar) object available? Has it been done?
    Well, after searching everywhere I'm convinced such object does not exist, but LarryG has kindly accepted to make one for me.
    Larry, tried to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full. Just wanted to say red handle looks the best in my opinion. Thanks!!

Well, after searching everywhere I'm convinced such object does not exist, but LarryG has kindly accepted to make one for me.
    Larry, tried to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full. Just wanted to say red handle looks the best in my opinion. Thanks!!
    Original .jpg picture
    BoltCutter..jpg

.3ds / .bin model (both non-conductive and regular)
    BoltCuttersY..jpg BoltCutters..jpg

Um, that object would fit in System Shock 2, but looks far, far too modern for a Thief object.

A Thief-styled wire cutter would have a rougher blade and a crude leather-wrapped handle.
    That looks like it's made out cast metal with modern paint and a foam handle.

Something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post

Something like this:

you are in right.

...but... is that you in the photo ? O_o

Um, that object would fit in System Shock 2, but looks far, far too modern for a Thief object.

A Thief-styled wire cutter would have a rougher blade and a crude leather-wrapped handle.
    That looks like it's made out cast metal with modern paint and a foam handle.
    I don't disagree. That's one reason I posted it: comments. I can rusty up the metal and make new handles.

Yes that's definitely NV, working on his NVscripts.

More Thief-appropriate now, I think.

BoltCutterOld..jpg

I can't see your images. After the whirling thing all I can see is a black rectangle.

Odd. They are just .jpg hosted by TTLG ... anyone else not able to see them?

Suddenly I CAN see them. Sorry I can't believe my own eyes.....

Yes I like the modified version better too. For the idea that I have, I need one with metal handles (no leather wraps). The modified version can pass for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    you are in right.

NV?! I figured that you were a more.....refined man but....oh wellll......

Yes I like the modified version better too. For the idea that I have, I need one with metal handles (no leather wraps). The modified version can pass for that.
    I'll lose the wraps. No biggie.

Look! No wraps!!!
    BoltCutterOld..jpg
    Last edited by LarryG; 6th Jun 2010 at 21:39.

Larry: the mechanism on that bolt cutter still looks a little too modern. You might want to see if you can get a better quality source image for the metal part, too - the quality of that texture isn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    NV?! I figured that you were a more.....refined man but....oh wellll......
    I like to spread that illusion. Ahh, the wonders of the Internet Prism.

I've also carefully manipulated Google Image Search so that I'll be the first result for "old bolt cutters".

Larry: the mechanism on that bolt cutter still looks a little too modern. You might want to see if you can get a better quality source image for the metal part, too - the quality of that texture isn't great.
    It's the best I have found. If anyone can find a better image, I'll update it.

Penny Dreadfuls for the Keeper Kids

The first in a series of Penny Dreadfuls

PennyDreadful..jpg

A new typeface (Queen Empress) and new bookart for the penny dreadfuls. This font is based on the headings in the English Daily Express' souvenir book "King Emperor's Jubilee" published in 1935, and was created by Paul Lloyd. His site is a great resource for free and unique fonts.

QueenEmpress..jpg

BOOKR..jpg

And just generally marveling at the tools that LGS and prior fans have gifted to us. It really is amazing.
    Last edited by LarryG; 8th Jun 2010 at 10:44.

"For the Overmind..."

Fish Gotta Swim

VIDEO: click to see.

I tried for a couple of hours to use a fish AI, but no matter what I did, after a few minutes it would stop patrolling and start bobbing up and down in place with a very non-fishy motion. So I changed it to a fish-vator. Less random, but more reliable. I'm thinking of adding some small bubbles, a tiny castle, and a few plants to make it more interesting.
    Last edited by LarryG; 15th Jun 2010 at 23:02. Reason: Video hint

I have a question:

I want a MaleServ1 to play Conv 21 (lying on the floor on stomach, pounding his fists on the ground). over and over. It works but I have trouble keeping him on the floor. I have tried various starting angles and heights, but he always ends up floating in the air a few units above the floor. Sometimes he starts like that, sometimes he starts on the floor but after one loop he moves up, and sometimes he keeps moving up until he hits the ceiling. Also, after each loop he moves forward a bit, until his head disappears in the wall.

In case it is important, there is a blood stain on the floor, and the AI has a AIWatchObj link to it to play the conversation.

How can I get the guy to stay on the floor and not change his X,Y and Z?

How can I get the guy to stay on the floor and not change his X,Y and Z?
    I don't know if it applies to AIs, but for ordinary objects you can check Location and Rotation in Physics->Model->Controls. It could be worth a try for your AI as well?

I just tried it in DromEd and it doesn't seem to affect AIs.
    Last edited by qolelis; 13th Jun 2010 at 08:07.

I had the same problem with the guy being sawed in half in DP2, although with a different motion, and in that case he actually floated to the ceiling by the end of one motion iteration. I solved it by putting an invisible object right above him to keep him on the table. Guess he didn't want to be cut in half!

Improved Fish Bowl

Any chance of getting away with a greater number of sides for the sphere? It looks a bit too faceted - unless that's intentional!

It was intentional. I wanted a blocky look. But perhaps it would look better as a more rounder cylinder. That was one reason I posted it: I wasn't certain that the blocky look worked. But I didn't make a spherical bowl; this is a cylindrical section. Should I have made a spherical fish bowl, do you think?

The Architect
    Yes, a round bowl. The cylindrical section style bowl is a very modern design, isn't it?

Page 117 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1767727782879297102107112113114115116117118119120121122127132137142147152157162167217 ... LastLast