TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930313233384348535863 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

Lessee...

2502) When you get up at night and can't see a thing, you automatically think that you have to make the room darker and fiddle with the gamma correction.

2503) You feel so guilty about submitting so many pointless posts to reach 2500 that you rack your brains to think of new ideas in a pathetic attempt to make up for it.

2504) After spending all day, everyday, playing Thief you can't understand why you have no money since you pocketed thousands of golds worth of jewelry in your last mission alone.

2505) You spend hours and hours reading posts, re-reading posts, and submitting posts to TTLG because in RL you have alienated everyone by calling them taffers, hitting them over the head with blunt obects when they weren't looking, and stealing their wallets.

2506) when you look at this list of 2505 and for a moment think of it in terms of a loot objective and go "well, it's not that much"

2507) You already start plotting on getting your hands on the 3000th post, even if it means posting 492 clues all by yourself in the same post.

That will be difficult because of the 15000 characters per post limit

2508). You're doing your paper route, and all you can think about is getting to the front door, and picking it undetected.

2509). You're doing your paper route, and someone says "Hello". You run off and look for some good shadows.

2510). That person has a question, and follows you, looking for you, not knowing that you're in a bush, and looks awful perplexed when he/she ends up whacked with a rolled up newspaper!

2511). You're friend asks if you want to play a little basketball, so you fire up "A Keeper's Training".

2512). You're friend invites you over, and finds you not at the front door, but at the back door, which a twig stuck in the lock.

2513). You whack your friend with a nerf bat when he finds you.

holy mother of CRAP! this thread is still up? jeez...talk about relics

2512) when you start to quote guard dialogues word for word, you friend jumps in and does the other guard
    "Ignorance is no excuse for anything except learning." --N.R.
    "Luck? we don't need no stinking luck! we've got cod on our side!"--Johnny G.

2513). You're playing tag with your friends and/or siblings, and you jump up on the table to escape...the person who's "it" jumps up as well, and you cry out: "WHAT!? You can't jump or mantle", and he/she looks at you most perplexedly!

Spike14

2514). You don't understand why, after kangeroo hopping down the street for hours, you're tired, and not going any faster than you were when you started!

2515). You try to stand on a stack of bottles...only it doesn't work.

2518) You shake your fist at seeing this thread desecrated by a double-double post and yet another numerotation mix up. *grumble*

Originally posted by Thiefsie Fool
    2518) You shake your fist at seeing this thread desecrated by a double-double post and yet another numerotation mix up. *grumble*

2519). You feel as though you've desecrated something holy when you mis-post at this thread.

Spike14

2520) Whilst in a supermarket every time you put an item into your basket you hum the Objective Complete noise, and tick off the item on your list with a red marker pen.

Blue Sky

2521) You wonder why the admins still did not write a submission form for this thread that numbers the clues automatically.

Originally posted by Blue Sky
    2520) Whilst in a supermarket every time you put an item into your basket you hum the Objective Complete noise, and tick off the item on your list with a red marker pen.
    2522). You're asked if you're still going to the supermarket, and you say, "Oh, no, that objective is inactive."

Spike14

2523). You lean around a corner and don't understand why everyone can see you!

2524). When you step into the shadow, you look for your "vis gem".

Spike14

2524) Every time you are in someone elses house, you have an irresistable urge to lean over and look into their sink for water crystals, gold plates, and fancy china.

2525) You always check fireplaces for fire crystals and secret doors.

2526) Your friends often have to stop you when try step off of high places, because you think that because there is a slope at the bottom you will land unhurt.

2527) You wonder if anyone will ever consolidate all these posts and eliminate all the repeats.

2528)When you go into shock when you open the forums and think" OMG!! This thread is still active!!!"

So you decide to read from the beginning only to reach the end............ and realize you just wasted 3 1/2 hours
    You could've use to playing Thief..........

2529) when you decide to waste at least one more clue just to do it.

2529: You dream you're Garrett.

Not kidding - night before last I dreamed I was Garrett in real life. I sure wish he could kick the guards like I did in the dream. I sure wish *I* could kick like I did in the dream... But there was this light in a niche that kept lighting up the visibility gem at the bottom of my vision...
    I am Garrett of Thief. Resistance is futile - you will be robbed. Your individual wealth will be added to my own.

2530) you find yourself listening to how other people talk, and trying to decide if they would make a good addition to your voice-overs as guards in your fan mission.

2531) your addicted to making sure this thread stays alive until after the release of Thief III.

(2532) Your significant other wonders why you only ever seem to have sex during the day and you don't have the heart to tell them that it's because night time is Thief time.

(2533) You FINALLY find a copy of Thief gold and spend the significant others birthday money buying it. You are genuinely surprised that they could get angry that you didn't buy them a gift because... well... it's Thief Gold!

(2534) You go into a Mexican restaurant, and are surprised to see burrick on the menu. Doing a double take, you see that it says burrito.

Sorry if some of these have already been said but i have had to skip read the past 1000.

2535) When mourning ur dead relatives in a grave yard you see an unlit torch. You cautiosly walk up to it, draw your home made fire arrow ( match on the end of lolly stick)
    and set the torch alight expecting one of the gravestones to move aside and reveal a passage way to the horn of quintis.

2536) Like Helga has a shrine to Arnold in her closet, u have one to garrett in ur closet

2537) whenever ur parents/wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/teacher nags you, u reply with 'huh...keepers'

2535) I was walking down a hospital corridor, and just before it changed from shiny floor to carpet floor, my wife stops to put on her pullover. I instinctively moved onto the carpet area and waited there.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

2536: when applying to join the secret service/mi5/kgb etc your application form says under experience... Extensive thief gameplay. Upon being turned down u remember u forgot to mention that u had ghosted and looted through all levels. Upon being turned down again u attempt to ghost the headquarters of the mi5/kgb/secret service just to teach them a lesson.. only to be shot.

Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930313233384348535863 ... LastLast