TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nostalgia: 29/10/06 Thief 2 FM by my friend Random Taffer and Drysils Chosen

Archivist
    Replaying MM 1 before heading to vagabond.

Nice little mission. Especially the whole atmosphere of the city (fog, music) is very well done .
    The player gets a good impression of a quiet seaport, with it's daily routines, and the background of the family. The start reminds me a bit of Baldur's Gate, where the main character is running errands around the city .
    Great story telling, with a big climax! Really like the idea of playing the game from a memory.
    What exactly killed Darren's father? Would he lived if he had the bronze skull with him?
    Loved the ending. Pretty traumatic for the boy.
    Mission complete in 34 minutes 29 seconds

A bit of a fun spoiler were several bugs. I also found the architecture a bit plain.

But had a good time playing. Thanks Drysils and Random .

missed this!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    What exactly killed Darren's father? Would he lived if he had the bronze skull with him?
    Exactly. What did kill him? Why weren't the zombies released when the father picked up the book?

Would he lived if he had the bronze skull with him?

But had a good time playing. Thanks Drysils and Random .
    I'm glad you enjoyed it overall. Thanks for playing.

I'm having a bug problem. When I go to the bank to get the money for dinner, the guy says "Here's your money" and hands me a nice big chunk of air. No cash, no bag of copper, nothing.

Obviously, this means I can't play the game. Am I missing some scripts? Restarting does nothing.

It sounds like the bug with NVscripts. I believe Yandros found a solution to this, but I don't recall where. Restarting should fix it, but you may have to several times. Before Yandros's solution, there were times when I'd have to restart up to 3 times...

(When you say "restart" you mean your machine, right? Not the mission...)

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post

(When you say "restart" you mean your machine, right? Not the mission...)
    I meant the game, not my computer. I'll try that I suppose. Big bug if it requires a restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    It sounds like the bug with NVscripts. I believe Yandros found a solution to this, but I don't recall where.
    I think you are referring to this one: Fix: Thief2 fails to load NVScript.
    But I am afraid that loading a savegame won't work. You would have to start a new game - if I am not mistaken.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 28th Apr 2011 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanuckle View Post
    I meant the game, not my computer. I'll try that I suppose. Big bug if it requires a restart.
    Indeed. This bug happens with any FMs that use NVscript.

I'm sorry to bump this thread just ask this question but where does the catacomb music come from ? "

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    I'm sorry to bump this thread just ask this question but where does the catacomb music come from ? "
    Sorry, I don't remember. I think Drysil picked it out and it was from like a random Kazaa ambient download.
    I do remember hearing it once years later in a show with Bear Grylls in it though...