TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nostalgia: 29/10/06 Thief 2 FM by my friend Random Taffer and Drysils Chosen

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    I'm just at the beginning, when the man in the bank gave me the purse. Since I barely understand what all the people is saying, I have no idea of where to go and what to do, but I don't want to read the spoilers yet. Any help please?

You need to go buy dinner with the money. That's not a real spoiler just telling you basically what the father said at the beginning of the mission.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Nevermind, I found the way into the catacombs by now. Thank you.

very nice, completed in ~30 minutes; only 2 of 9 pockets picked? there were 7 more somewhere?

I only had trouble with the red stone, so thanks to Chiron - I had forgotten about that spot!

I'm intrigued by the story so far (and the mission authorship is great as well) - looking forward to more!

I'm stuck.

I've found my father and out comes these not so nice fellows. What am I supposed to do other than pee in my pants?
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Quote Originally Posted by SirFreddieM View Post
    I'm stuck.

I've found my father and out comes these not so nice fellows. What am I supposed to do other than pee in my pants?
    avoid them? your father is not one of these guys, you'll actually find him later on. for now, find the exit!

I'm in the catacombs, found my father on the floor with a large book in his lap. Took the book and out comes these nasty guys.

spoiler:
    Avoid them you say. But of course but where is the exit?

Southquarter.com/fms
    Sir Freddie:

You need to find a use for that skull

Fun mission, really enjoyed the dynamic environment. Just thought I'd mention that there is an area accessible north of the church (via the rooftops) that the player is not supposed to get to. You can even get stuck there with no way to get back to the rest of the level.

Thanks for the help.

I had to stop the game as my gamermouse was in seroius need of a recharge.

spoiler:
    I did suspect that the skulle was to be used at the pole just inside the gate but didn't think it through. Mission completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Was there a point to
    spoiler:
    climbing up the pipe to reach the room with the man sitting in the chair?
    spoiler:
    Alternate route to the docks, during your escape.

What a beautiful fm. I really enjoyed this one. Great job!

Good stuff! I always enjoy it when someone stretches beyond Garrett to tell a different story. The only thing I can't figure out is:
    spoiler:
    if Zombie outbreaks are so common, and every fallen Hammerite generates a Haunt, why isn't cremation mandatory? It would save everyone the trouble of stamping out the infestation and then burning the undead.

What am I missing here?

I have the three stones and have found the lever and used it. I thought one of the stones would work as a key for the gate in one of the crypt rooms. but no. What did the lever do?

Quote Originally Posted by zippyzappy View Post
    I have the three stones and have found the lever and used it. I thought one of the stones would work as a key for the gate in one of the crypt rooms. but no. What did the lever do?
    spoiler:
    The lever (when used in the right spot) opens up a metal door that was previously closed in the crypts. To find the door just follow the thief with a bow. He goes to the spot you're supposed to use the stones at.

Thank you for playing!

ZippiZappy:
    spoiler:
    The lever opens the door next to one of the sarcofages. There you can leave your stones and get another key.

Just finished this great mission. I had some trouble starting, but now I can't wait for the sequel !!!
    Wel done Tafferauthor

Gloria Creep

edit: Random_Taffer already gave the answer.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I have the book and have used the skull, now I have climbed ladders to a secret door near the docks, but how does it open, no switch anywhere?

Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I have the book and have used the skull, now I have climbed ladders to a secret door near the docks, but how does it open, no switch anywhere?

Sting
    spoiler:
    The switch is on the wall to your top left at the top of the ladder.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    B_T, just to assist those who will search for help on this mission once it's been out a while, it would be good to add the mission title to your thread subject.

I tested this mission and look forward to playing the final version in a few days, once my Halloween mission is done.

Can I get a hint as to where I can find the lever (I have the stones)?

Just a small hint? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Cricket View Post
    Can I get a hint as to where I can find the lever (I have the stones)?

Just a small hint? Huh?
    The archer or sword thief patrol a nearby stair area with a lantern at the end. Look closely at the rock pile

What am I missing here?

Hey, Thanks to Random _ Taffer and Gloria for the help. Made all the difference in the world!! Very well done FM. Looking forward to the next!

Thanks for the mission. It is unique.

Very beautiful mission. And very different gameplay. Great!

Woo! (just found this thread finally)

Thank you all for your comments! I'm glad you liked the FM, and I'm looking forward to finishing the sequels with Random!

Thanks for the help, I found it right after I posted..lol. Thye mission was great and I can not wait for the next part. You guys are the best.

Sting