TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: forgotten soundscapes of the Hammerite Imperium

Wow. Really, really good, man.

Your voice sounds great, btw.

bikerdude

wow

this is very impressive, well done that man!

biker

Archivist
    Pity to see that this is available before even one mission of the campaign is released.

Hopefully we can play at least one mission eventually. Perhaps one of the COSAS scripters would like to help after their own project is finished.

This music is really amazing Another aspect of the Hammerite Imperium that got a lot of attention.
    This should sound even better in-game, while exploring a level and looking at all the beautiful visuals

Just to be a bitch and a musician jealous of your output, i'll say the blackening becomes such painful listening at the time of that shrill "whistle", both on my studio monitors on my crazy expensive headset that i felt dramatically inclined to turn it off the second it came in. I'd remove it altogether. High frequency sound in game music tends to interfere with game world sounds, which is doubly problematic when the music in question is ambient, and doesn't follow a beat/bar structure helping the player discern it from the game world.

The player should be "freaked out" by the gameplay, not random noises

Otherwise,

Good one Ziili.
    I was thinking about making my Hammerite Imperium music available for people to hear, and I believe I'll do it soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by atolonen
    Good one Ziili.
    I was thinking about making my Hammerite Imperium music available for people to hear, and I believe I'll do it soon too.
    That's great, and by the way I love Nest, and I'm really looking forward to Trail of the Unwary.

It's good to see that one of our most hard-working members is at last receiving some recognition for all his hard work. Ziili has made monumental progress since joining us. His skill is really becoming quite a catch for any new FM creators out there. Keep at it, Zil!

I've got so frustrated with the lack of scripting and technical wizardry / graft that I ended up taking such a drastic step as uninstalling all Thief games from my hard drive. Suffice to say that if we get this thing (HI) on the road again then TDS will see the light of day on my hard drive again but probably not before.

BTW, it's hard not to reveal what we had planned for people when there is still the possibility of some kind of a release but you really should have seen what we had in store for later on. With Atolonen in charge of the likes of Ziili, Tonamel and Gamophyte, it makes for one truly awesome sound department on its own! Some of Atolonen's pieces were better than most professional games tracks I've ever heard.
    Hammerite Imperium Writer and Voice Actor inc. Oblivion mods - Lost Spires, Origin of the Mages Guild, Gates to Aesgaard & Silgrad Tower

Somehow I missed downloading zil's tracks before the links went invalid. Does anyone still have the files?

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by zil View Post
    [FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Due to lack of a scripter, the grand Hammerite Imperium is basically stalled until further notice.
    Er Zil, you do know we are testing Mission 1 and are looking to release it the end of the month....

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113456

jtr7
    Thanks for adding that link here, b'dude, but:
    19th Jul 2006, 05:10

Quote Originally Posted by
    Somehow I missed downloading zil's tracks before the links went invalid. Does anyone still have the files?

DITTO!

Keeper of FMs

I'll keep an eye out for him on MSN and ask him about it next time.

Thanks!

Um I'm here, if you can't get hold of the files (oddly enough, the links don't work as I thought they would), I could get them uploaded again, just need a webspace.

Ah, there you are! If you could upload them to megaupload.com, yousendit.com, or filefront.com, that would be cool. Filefront.com will allow you your own hosting space (photos, blog, and file downloads) for free with no download limits or download times.

Keeper of FMs

It's a lot of files. I'm checking with Moghedian about getting them up on Darklurker. Then the links can be updated.

Yep. We've reserved space for them

All we need is to get the how-to/where-to info to the gentleman, and it'll be good to go.

Okay, all the stuff (plus more compositions by other authors from the THI team) is here:
    http://www.darklurker.org/ziili.html or
    http://www.darklurker.com/2ziili.html

(I really don't recognize any difference other than .org/.com but Moghedian shared both of these links with me, so I'll do the same). Enjoy!

Thanks!

Hmm, M1_music.zip is corrupted. I tried downloading it twice, and i got an error about it not being a valid zip or something.
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 15th Feb 2009 at 16:57.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Thanks!
    Hmm, M1_music.zip is corrupted. I tried downloading it twice, and i got an error about it not being a valid zip or something.
    Now that I check it again, of course it's corrupted, it should be something over 100 MB, it's only 30 MB there.. a reupload is in order (probably sometime tomorrow).
    Edit: on the .com website, it's got its correct size, should work, I dno. The .org domain has a reduced 30 MB version of that (which is the corrupt one).

Thanks for the fantastic soundtrack, zil! The .com seems to be down. Can anyone reupload the M1_music.zip?

Huh? Darklurker.com seemed to be down earlier today. Thanks, clearing!

Here are my favorites from ziili's tracks:
    • Blackening_loop2
    • De_profundis
    • Distant
    • Dreorig
    • Fractured
    • Piano_2
    • Rigid Mist (not on Darklurker)
    • Strings
    • Telmantal
    • Unearthly

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Dead links ! Anyone have the entire pack ?

Quote Originally Posted by zil View Post
    Due to lack of a scripter, the grand Hammerite Imperium is basically stalled until further notice. And for fear of losing an audience, all the music Iíve created for this project wants to be published, thus Iím not going to stand in the way. One way or another, you would have heard it, because if the 1st mission of HI is released, this music (with atolonenís too, of course; heís another composer and āhead of soundí at HI) will be featured in it. Youíll just get it quicker. So, as they say āhave a burrick on the houseí, sit back, relax.. and listen. Also, for the sake of tears and sweat that went into creating all this, I ask you not to.. you know.. not to use any of this under your name or do anything evil with this. You can of course reference, but you know, please donít do anything disrespectful, ícause it was what it was - HARD WORK. And if HI really dies, all of this will be available for use in future FMs. For free, but ask permission just so Iíd know whatís happening.

- soothing, more calm pieces -

Awakening 1
    Awakening 2
    Cold
    The Beginning
    The Majestic Forest

- dark backgrounds -

Blackening [loop]
    Cellar
    Telmantal
    Distant
    Unearthly
    De Profundis
    Hearm
    Hollow
    Strings
    Nowhere

- cutscenes [probably] -

Death of a Brother
    Standoff 1
    Standoff 2
    Dreorig
    Firith
    Lost
    Undercroft
    Passage of the East
    Striation Over Calaeneth
    Earth And Fire
    Ante Bellum

- one instrument-

Piano 1 [not good]
    Piano 2
    Cello

- songs with vocal-

Berethar
    Choir
    The Prophecy
    My Vocal [used in some songs here]

- other/various -

Beset With Danger
    Solemn
    Guruthos
    Death
    Just A Little Violin Effect

- gathered from around the world -

Aspiciens Alonge [from the oratorium 'Jeanne d'Arc au Bucher' I sang with my choir]
    Lamento [a song with my choir]
    Neosymphony [contribution by friend Xan the guitarist of Singapore]
    Paradisi Gloria [song with my choir from a contest]
    Rutam & ziili - Sayonee [contribution by friend Rutam Rane of Bombay, India | I added chords only]
    Alot of these links are dead ! Does anyone have this collection to share ?