Centered 3rd Person Camera
Just because I really can't stand off-centre third-person cameras, even though I very rarely use third-person mode.
DarNified UI NV
An Incredible UI mod. Replaces the massive vanilla one (which was designed for consoles running on low res SDTV's) with one suited to the PC platform. With DarN's UI installed more real estate is given for inventory screens, so you can achieve more with much less scrolling through lists; also you can zoom out the maps further than in the vanilla UI.
Expect optional features to be added as NVSE sees further development - such as OSDs for ToD, date; radiation and experience gauges; etc.
DarN produced similar UI's for FO3 and Oblivion which are highly regarded and very popular within the community.
The popular weather overhaul mod for Fallout 3 sees a NV version. Removes the ugly orange hues and gives you realistically lit, natural looking vistas. Also provides atmospheric nights that are genuinely dark, giving an experience akin to the Oblivion Lost mega-mod for Stalker: SoC.
Nevada Skies - Weather Effects
A very immersive mod. Adds rain and epic sandstorms to the Mojave Wasteland (also "Radstorms", make sure you have some Rad-X on hand!). Both the player and NPCs will have to weather against the effects of sandstorms, which can damage weaker character builds. NPCs will cower and seek cover from these forces of nature.
Nevada Skies is 100% compatible with Fellout (see the FAQ on the NVnexus page for instructions).
Community Bugfix Compilation v0.06a
The closest thing to an "unofficial patch" project. The benefits of this compilation are pretty self-explanatory. See the Nexus page for a full changelog.
Grab an updated version with some further crash fixes from the download page, it's labelled "v6 fix by willsi".
Updated ESP only though, replace your existing one with it. Original archive from NVNexus is still required for the fixed meshes and textures.
Put it at the very top of your load order, before all ESPs, but after all ESMs.
Changelog: Fixes added or changed in v0_06:
- Snowglobe display update by Vivanto
- Wellrested fix hardcore by Driffster
- WRObject fixes updated to 1.03 (thanks to Wuphons Reach)
- Updated Bugfixes03 by Frontsalat
A whole bunch from Yukichigai ; give him a kudos
- Scotch Bottle fix
- Lucky 38 companion container fix (only the raul sandbox fix from latest version)
- Travelling merchant fix
- removed the caravan card boxfix (as recommended)
- Camp Guardian Private Halford fix
- Hard Luck Blues
- Vault 34 Survivors
- Horowitz Fix,
- Companion - Nuka-Cola Quartz - Victory fix
- FOOK3 fixes by the FOOKteam, with reworked item weights removed. There's a huge amount of fixes here, not all of which is recorded in their documentation, so I honestly have no idea which came from them and which didn't.
- Useless radios now play by Zenball
- Primm rumours fix by Paul_NZ
- NCR Ranger Patrol Armor stance fix by Karelia
- Lakelurk meat drop fix by cameltoe
- Four Eyes Perk fix by Mitia
Purge Cell Buffers
This mod is awesome, highly recommended.
You may have noticed that whilst playing for very long periods of time without taking breaks, your game becomes increasingly unresponsive and stuttery. This is because the game does not delete cell data that has been used at some point in your session but is no longer useful.
With this modification enabled, this excess game data will be deleted or "purged" every 10 minutes, to avoid performance hits, unresponsivenesss and general slowdowns whilst playing for long periods of time without taking breaks.
New Vegas Stutter Remover
This essential mod from Oblivion and Fallout 3 returns, works around a flaw in Bethsoft's stupid engine. Requires NVSE.
Author Skyranger-1 released an updated INI file designed to work with the last official patch, it's available here. Replace the contents of sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.ini.
A game saving system, can be a great lifesaver in regards to avoiding showstopping bugs. Requires NVSE.
Arenovalis Weapon Retexture ProjectCipscis' Automatic Save Manager: New Vegas - CASM:NV
CASM:NV replaces Fallout: New Vegas' saving system so that you no longer have to rely on only a single autosave or quicksave to fall back on.
This is achieved by cycling through a certain number of saves, so that older saves are still overridden but there are also always previous saves available if you need to reload a save earlier than your last one.
CASM:NV creates saves in two ways:
- Automatically after a certain length of time
- Manually with a hotkey (F4 by default)
A compilation of Arenovalis' gorgeous and realistic high resolution weapon retextures.
Individual gun reskins can be downloaded from here.
I've found this very useful. Great work-around for the stupid pathfinding AI of companions and related mishaps. Comes in two varieties, the first has companions set as not Essential and the second where they are. Essential means that companions can't die, so obviously use the not Essential version if you're rocking Hardcore mode (which everyone should be doing, IMO.).
Manual ReloadThis mod will add to your inventory small but very useful tool - Companions Teleporter.
With it you can summon your companion in one click. (but you cannot summon ED-E until you repair it)
NVSE is required.
From playing a lot of hectic online shooters I had gotten into the habit of switching to other weapons instead of reloading, during hectic, time crucial moments. It infuriated me when I found that you weren't able to cancel the reload animation by switching weapons, you're locked into it by the vanilla game.This mod forces weapons to reload only when the reload button is pressed, effectively disabling automatic reloading. Simple, effective, and useful for many tactical purposes!
As a bonus, it also keeps track of all ammo expended, meaning that re-equipping weapons no longer causes them to be magically reloaded.
Mileage with this mod varies depending on the weapon. Eg I find it's great for magazine-loaded guns, not so much for double-barrel boomsticks like the Sawed-Off Shotgun and Caravan Shotgun.
More Where That Came From - RNV Version
Requires Extended New Vegas Radio Generator to create an ESP plugin (don't worry, it only takes a couple of mouse clicks to use.). A port-over of the awesome expanded Galaxy News Radio mod from F3 to FNV's Radio New Vegas. Great selection of songs.
Here are the new additions to the playlist:
Track Pack 1
1. "We Three (My Echo, My Shadow, and Me" by The Ink Spots
2. "Beat Me Daddy, Eight to the Bar" by Will Bradley
3. "Dear Hearts and Gentle People" by Bob Crosby and the Bobcats
4. "If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd Have Baked a Cake" by Bob Hope and Bing Crosby
5. "Pistol Packin' Mama" by The Andrews Sisters and Bing Crosby
6. "Big Foot Jump" by Bob Crosby (instrumental)
7. "Old Man Mose" by Louis Armstrong
8. "Lamplighter's Serenade" by Bing Crosby
9. "There'll Be a Jubilee" by The Andrews Sisters
10. "Jingle, Jangle, Jingle" by Kay Kyser and His Orchestra (yes, the same as is in New Vegas--they stole it from here!)
11 "Shortnin' Bread" by Johnny Mercer and The Ink Spots
12."Let's Fly Away" Lee Wiley
13. "Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries" by Bing Crosby, the Boswell Sisters, the Mills Brothers and Al Jolson
14. "God Told Nicodemus" by The Golden Gate Quartet
15."A Kiss to Build a Dream On" by Louis Armstrong
16. "Ink a'Dink a'Doo" by Jimmy Durante
17. "In the Still of the Night" by Cole Porter
18."I'm Making Believe" by Ella Fitzgerald and the Ink Spots
19. "A Hundred and Sixty Acres" by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters
20. "Boogie Woogie" by Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra (instrumental)
Track Pack 2
21. "Mr. Sandman" by The Mills Brothers
22. "Minnie the Moucher" by Danny Kaye
23. "You're the Top" by Cole Porter
24."Don't Call me Boy" by Bob Crosby and the Bobcats
25. "Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday
26."Big Town" by Roy Brown
27. "It Had to Be You" by Django Reinhardt (instrumental)
28. "Ballin' the Jack" by Danny Kaye
29. "Daphne" by Django Reinhardt (instrumental)
30. "As Time Goes By" by Billie Holiday
31. "I Like Bananas (Because They Have No Bones)" by The Hossier Hotshots
32. "Atomic Baby" by Amos Milburn
33. "Swingin' the Jinx Away" by Cole Porter
34."Charleston" by Django Reinhardt (instrumental)
35."Butcher Pete (Part 2)" by Roy Brown
36. "Mockingbird Hill" by Les Paul and Mary Ford
37. "Bei Mir Bist Du Schon" by The Andrews Sisters
38. "Bless You (For Being an Angel)" by The Ink Spots
39. "I'd Like to Give My Dog to Uncle Sam" by Ozzie Waters
40. "You Always Hurt the One You Love" by The Mills Brothers
Track Pack 3
41. "Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home?" Danny Kaye and Louis Armstrong
42. "Maybe" by The Ink Spots (1940 version -- used in original Fallout)
43. "La Vie en Rose" by Louis Armstrong
44."Old Man of the Mountain" by The Burt Ambrose Orchestra
45."Buttons and Bows" by Bob Hope and The Clark Sisters
46."Someone to Watch Over Me" by Keely Smith
47."He's a Demon, He's a Devil, He's a Doll" by Betty Hutton
48."On a Slow Boat to China" by Kay Kyser
49."Are You Lonesome Tonight" by Al Jolson
50."Blues in the Night" by Dinah Shore & The Pied Pipers
51."At Last" Ella Fitzgerald
52."Scotch and Soda" by Charlie Barnett and His Orchestra
53."My Sugar is So Refined" by Johnny Mercer and the Pied Pipers
54."Depression Era Medley" by The Boswell Sisters
55."Mack the Knife" by The Burt Ambrose Orchestra
56."The Scat Song" by Cab Calloway
57."Ezekiel Saw the Wheel" by The Charioteers
58."Don't Fence Me In" by Roy Rogers
59."Long Ago and Far Away" by Connee Boswell and the Paul Whitman Orchestra
60."Miss Annabelle Lee" by Whispering Jack Smith, Bert Ambrose & The Whispering Orchestra
Track Pack 4
61."Drum Boogie" by The Gene Krupa Orchestra (instrumental)
62. "When the Sun Goes Down" by The Ink Spots
63."Bugle Call Rag" by Cab Calloway
64."On the Atchison, Topeka, and Sante Fe" by Jonnie Mercer & The Pied Pipers
65."If I Didn't Care" by The Ink Spots (comedic take)
66."Rosie the Riveter" by Redd Evans and John Jacob Loeb
67."Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters
68."Dream a Little Dream of Me" by Louis Armstrong
69."Ghost of Smokey Joe" by Cab Calloway
70."Sugar" by Lee Wiley
71."It's a Quiet Town" by Danny Kaye and the Andrews Sisters
72."The One I Love Belongs to Al Jolson" by Bing Crosby & Al Jolson
73."Minnie the Moocher's Wedding Day" by The Mills Blue Brothers Orchestra
74."Sweet Georgia Brown" by Bing Crosby
75."Personality" by Johnny Mercer
76."La Mer" Django Reinhardt (instrumental)
77. "If I Didn't Care" by The Ink Spots
78."I Still Suits Me" by Bing Crosby and Lee Wiley
79."Body and Soul" Django Reinhardt (instrumental)
80."Putting on the Ritz" Ella Fitzgerald
Track Pack 5
81. "Address Unknown" by The Ink Spots
82. ""Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" by The Southern Sons Quartet
83. "Yes Suh" by The Ink Spots
84. "Chiti-bee" by Jimmy Durante and Bing Crosby
85. "Gone Fishin'" by Louis Armstrong and Bing Crosby
86. "Everybody Loves My Baby" by The Boswell Sisters
87. "Rock and Roll" by The Boswell Sisters
88. "Stardust" by Keely Smith
89. "Just a Gigilo / I Ain't Got Nobody" by Louis Prima
90. "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller (with vocals by the Andrews Sisters)
91. "That Old Black Magic" by Louis Prima and Keely Smith
92. "Battery Bounce" by Art Tatum (instrumental)
93. "I'll See You in my Dreams" by Django Reinhardt (instrumental)
94. "Beatin', Bangin' and Scratchin'" by Danny Kaye and The Andrews Sisters
95. "Moonburn" by Bing Crosby
96. "Atom and Evil" by the Golden Gate Quartet
97. "Keepin' Out of Mischief Now" by Lee Wiley
98. "Ac-Cent-U-Ate The Positive" by Bing Crosby
99. "Tic, Tic, Tic" by Dinah Shore
100."Stormy Weather" by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald
Last edited by EvaUnit02; 11th Dec 2010 at 01:23.
Thanks for making this thread Eva.
Man I could have used the music track expansion mod back when I was playing through NV.
There are currently two forks of the Community Bugfix Compilation.
Currently the most up-to-date of the two at v0.009. OdijSuppi has chosen to forego the Nexus Network politics and incorporate bug fixes posted hosted on Nexus without gaining permissions of the original mod authors, hence why this compilation patch isn't hosted on NVNexus.
N.B. Everything is in English, don't let the German spoken on the site dissuade you from using it.
This is hosted on NVNexus, Linmor has chosen to abide by all of the requirements for mod projects hosted on Nexus Network sites. Thus he'll be gaining the necessary permissions each respective mod author before adding a bug fix to his compilation patch.
Currently dormant until after the imminent official "mega-patch" from Obsidian lands.
Last edited by EvaUnit02; 16th Dec 2010 at 02:57.
Less Dismemberment and Limb Explosions
I don't mind a bit of gore, but the sheer number of times peoples' body parts exploded in Fallout 3 was just ridiculous, so I eventually got a mod to reduce it to a more reasonable chance. This seems to be the equivalent mod for New Vegas, which also suffers from the excessive dismemberment problem.
Bottle That Water
An absolute MUST have mod for the Hardcore Gamer. This mod allows you to bottle water from all water sources without an annoying menu. It also adds a buy-able canteen that will keep you automatically hydrated (see further down for details). Empty water bottles as well as the canteen can be bought from Chet in Goodsprings.
When you use a water source while sneaking you automatically fill all empty water bottles. If you bottle water from a pure water source all dirty bottles will be rebottled as pure water alongside refilling empty bottles as well as filling up your canteen if you have one. Empty water bottles are automatically attained when drinking irradiated, dirty or purified water as well as when you refill your canteen.
It's going to be a mission to install all of those, but it does look good...
EDIT: I've downloaded mods down to 'perky snowglobes' and it's occurred to me that his 'cheats and handouts are bad' philosophy seems to get violated with quite a few of these mods. The snowglobes one makes snowglobes behave like bobbleheads in FO3, potentially giving you a +7 stat bonus for nothing. Sounds a lot like cheating to me. That in turn makes me question how far his idea of good mods is in line with mine, which makes me worry about what all these mods are doing... Oh well, I suppose I can always disable stuff later on.
Last edited by steo; 17th Jan 2011 at 08:08.
I find a lot of his selections extraneous (new player homes, additional companions, hoverboard at start location--skews pacing if nothing else, and there is else).
But I'd like to hear any thoughts on his balancing tweaks and any of his more substantive mods. Let us know what works!
Haven't had a chance to actually play the game with the mods yet, but I have finally gotten the game to run again with most of the mods enabled.
So the first thing I would say about anyone wanting to try this mod compilation is that you'd better be prepared to spend hours getting the damn things to work and sorting your load orders. Fallout Mod Manager is great, but installing lots of mods at once is still pretty time consuming.
Also, I missed out on a fair few of the mods - mostly ones that add homes/unique armours/hoverboard and stuff that I thought was particularly cheaty.
Better Oblivion Sorting Software for Fallout: New Vegas
A simple "one-click" program for users to quickly optimize and avoid detrimental conflicts in their oblivion mod load-order.
- Correctly positions over 500 mods and counting